PCTV REOPENING BY APPOINTMENT ONLY JANUARY 19TH
Happy New Year! PCTV will reopen to the public by appointment only on January 19, 2021. On that date, PCTV will resume doing one-person productions in the studio. Any productions that are already scheduled for January 19th or later will be honored. There is no need to call the studio to confirm. The reopening date is subject to change, depending on the spread of Covid-19 and local and state health advisories. Any change in the reopening date will be communicated prior to January 19th. As a reminder, PCTV will be operating under the following restrictions when we reopen:
· PCTV will be open by appointment only. No drop-ins. To make an appointment, please call 412-322-7570.
· PCTV will have limited staff available on site. We may or may not be able to answer the phone. Please leave one message and we will return your phone call within 24 hours, unless it falls within a weekend, holiday, or studio closure.
· Visitors to PCTV must wear a mask at all times, except for when they are appearing on camera during a production. Masks must be on prior to entering the building. Visitors must provide their own mask.
· All visitors will have their temperature taken upon entering the building. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 will be sent home.
· If you become ill while at PCTV we ask that you inform PCTV staff and management before leaving the facility.
· If you are sick, please do not come to PCTV. There is no penalty for cancellation. If you are sick, please notify PCTV staff and management.
· Upon arrival at the facility, we ask that you wash your hands. Frequent handwashing while at the facility is encouraged.
· Please maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from all other persons while at PCTV.
· All high touch surfaces (doorknobs, etc.) will be sanitized between productions and at the end of the day in preparation for the next day.
· Any payments to PCTV will be contactless. Whenever possible, payments will be taken over the phone with a credit card. If someone wishes to pay by cash or check, they may do so by putting it in an envelope and dropping it in the collection box in the lobby. A receipt will be emailed or mailed.
· If someone who has been in the building contracts Covid-19 (staff or public), PCTV will follow all Allegheny County Health guidelines for cleaning and notification.
· When doing studio productions, staff will limit contact with the public as much as possible. This includes only entering the studio to set up or adjust equipment when absolutely necessary, and using boom or desk mics instead of clip on microphones. A distance of at least six feet must be maintained at all times.
· Only one studio production will be allowed in the building at a time.
· Community producers will not be permitted in the control room. Any tasks that are usually done in the control room, such as adjusting credits, will need to either be taken care of by PCTV staff or done by community producers at home.
· The studio must remain empty for a minimum of one hour between productions.
· No more than one member of the public will be allowed in the studio at any time. Additional on camera participants can join via Skype or another service if it is available. Only the person doing the studio show will be permitted in the building. Please bring yourself only.
· Portable camera equipment reservations and pick-ups will not be available.
· Community producers may reserve editing time but only one person is permitted in the edit suite at a time. Community producers are expected be self-sufficient. PCTV staff will be available by phone for minor issues but will not be able to assist in person.
· All programming submissions will continue to be electronic. PCTV will not accept DVDs or hard drive submissions.
· Classes and trainings will be offered virtually, as feasible.
Pittsburgh Community Television